On March 31, a team of Nepali Civil Servants were handed the Nepali Flag as a good luck and goodwill gesture before their ascent of Mount Everest.
News Agency, My Republica of Nepal reports that Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal handed the flag over to the team of Civil Servants for their climb which begins on April 7.
The team have set themselves the challenge of climbing the mountain in a maximum time of two months. They aim to hoist the Nepali Flag on top of Mount Everest, they will also hoist a flag with the logo of Civil Servants on it and also a flag with the World Trade Union Federation.
The climb includes the following Nepali Civil Servants:
- Laxman Bhattarai - Secretary at the Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation,
- Durga Bhattarai - Joint Secretary at Foreign Ministry,
- Padma Bhandari of the Ministry of Education,
- Subir Shrestha of the Ministry of General Administration and
- Tulsi Bhandari of the Ministry of Information and Communications.
For the complete story, see http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=29808